Funny Friday: What is Culture? Really.
What is Culture? Really. TGIF not because the weekend is here, but because I am flying home from a road trip and decided to write a Funny Friday blog post. Its been a long week, Atlanta, Seattle, San Francisco, back to Atlanta. Somehow I keep thinking that the West Coast is 3 hours away, it isn’t. (this is an inside joke). This week’s trip was both tiring and energizing (if you don’t understand that, I am sorry, I can’t explain it to you, just close your browser).
– Make sure your team members wear headphones (expensive ones) and don’t talk to each other.
– Interrupt people and ask them about “washing machines”.
– Get bean-bag chairs, ping pong tables, and in-house massages.
– Pay people to quit. $10 Starbucks gift cards seems a bit much.
– Challenge assumptions and think about deeper goals. Why do we wash our clothes?
– Only hire people with humble shoes.
I had a great opportunity to meet two new team members in the WhatCounts seattle office this week, I can’t wait to ask them about their washing machines, and give them their Starbucks gift card (the good thing is the office is directly ontop of a Starbucks). I can confirm they both had on humble shoes, they did into the club, and I am a bouncer.