Giving Thanks on Thanksgiving: An Entrepreneur
Giving thanks on thanksgiving – is it different for an entrepreneur? As you prepare to eat too much food and then promise to workout and just before the “three Fs” or “FFF” (you know, Forced Family Fun), stop for a quick second and ask what you are truly thankful for. Of course you are suppose to say the normal things, I am thankful for my health, my loved ones, my family, my kids, etc. But if, like me, you are an entrepreneur, maybe the list will read something like this:
– I am thankful that I was born in the United States, where regardless of our issues, I am still a kid from the wrong side of the tracks, who had a chance to get an education, and start a business.
– I am thankful I live in Atlanta, Georgia, where the entrepreneurial eco-system is welcoming, as long as you are smart, work hard, and you are honest.
– I am thankful for the mentors who invested their time in teaching a kid who was a little too confident, spoke to fast, and listened too little.
– I am thankful for every single investor who has entrusted their money with our teams over the years.
– I am thankful for each team member that I get an opportunity to dream with, work with, learn from, and have fun with.
– I am thankful I am a tall dude. Don’t laugh, it matters.
So, here is to wishing you and your family an amazing Thanksgiving. Be thankful for what you have, eat too much, participate in the forced family fun (remember, you don’t get to pick your family), and then wake up on Friday, and instead of going to stand in line to buy a bunch of stuff you don’t need, read all 100 of my blog posts!